Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rainbird Sprinkler Valve Won't Close

Posted by jmtalarek z6 Michigan (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 3, 05 at 15:05

I've done more research one my problem. It looks like a valve controlling on of my six zones won't close. It stay's open spraying water. I can manually advance thru the other zones, but this one will continue to stay open. I don't believe it's the controler. I've reset my controller. I've even disconnected the wire at the controller for the bad zone and the water still sprays. This makes me think it's mechanical in the valve; not electrical in the controller? Do I unscrew the value head and see if there is a damaged diaphragm? Maybe freeze damage from not being winterized properly? Any ideas? thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rainbird Sprinkler Valve Won't Close

Yep, sounds like a mechaincal failure. Does your valve have a flushing cap you can remove and flsuh out some of the debris if present? (my toro's do). Else you will have to unscrew the top and check the seals, ect. They sell replacement seals, solenoids, ect so that you will not have to replace the entire valve. Freezing can do it; most likely debris in the line... either stuck in there or damaged the seal on the way "through".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here