Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lys916

need help fixing/operating well pump pressure switch

lys916
9 years ago

Hello everyone, I recently bought a piece of land that came with a water well that runs on generator. My problem is when I turn on the generator the water would only come out for about 10 minutes and then the pump would stop pumping automatically (so water stopped flowing). I have to unplug and plug in the power for it to start pumping again. I noticed that the psi gauge is all the way up to 100+ when the pump is on and around 85 when the pump is off. Im assuming that that's way too high, so I tried adjusting the pressure by loosening the spring but that only triggers the switch to go on and off, on the off consecutively when I turn on the water faucet. This is my first time working with a well pump. Can anyone with some experience suggest what I should do? I know I can always call the professional to come out but I was hoping this is only a minor problem and can be fixed easily with some help. Someone had suggested that it might be waterlogged, but the tank is only holding about 1/6 of the water on the bottom when the pump Is on. I'll try to include some pics.

Sponsored
Arete Construction Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Experienced Craftsman & Top Quality Masonry in Frederick County