Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Setting up a inground sprinklers

Posted by mlutz (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 25, 05 at 17:03

Hello, I am wanting to install a sprinkler system at my house and am looking for suggestions as to a good brand of sprinklers as well as timer. Also if someone knows a good website that provides information about planning and installing a system I would greatly appreciate it.

Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Setting up a inground sprinklers

I used a plan that Toro provided after I sent them a sketch of my yard. It worked well. Other sprinkler manufacturers also offer the same service.

There are many books available in the public library and I checked out and read most of them before starting my system.

Here is a link that might help

http://www.diyonline.com/servlet/GIB_BaseT/SoftwareGuide.html?session.highlightedTool=SprinklerDesigner&session.channelID=7&session.ccid=7

Also, DIYonline.com has a design service and I used it. It was very thorough too. Also, they have a free book that can be downloaded that is the most complete book I have ever read but I could not find it again. If I find it, I will post the link to you or can also send it in pdf format. It is somewhere in my computer or files.

o

Thanks for the information dmullen. I am going to go to the library and see what information I can find there.

Mark

o

Rainbird.com Contact their site and you can download everything you need to know. They will assist you with everything from design to installation to where to purchase supplies and or hire an installer. Good site...Good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here