Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laylaa_gw

Selecting drip irrigation nozzles brands

laylaa
14 years ago

Warning - I am completely new to drip irrigation. I've been reading and reading and am more clueless than I started out.

Dealing with the nozzle issue only here, what I hope to get is half circle spray nozzles which have adjustable GPH and radius. I need 80 of them so would like to get the best brand. My goal is watering newly planted shrubs only, and being able to adapt the spray to their needs next year.

So - two questions:

I was hoping to get these in pop-ups simply to keep them cleaner. Will pop ups be an advantage to helping keep grit out of the heads? If this is the case, then it appears I need to go with bubblers or a square pattern, circles aren't made.

From my searches, I am understanding that Hunter brand nozzles are better quality than Rain Bird. Rain Bird is easily available to me, Hunter I do not know who carries but will order if they are better. Then there is Orbit, which I can not find much on.

Any recommendations as to which brand to go with?

Thank you in advance. I am going nuts trying to plan without ever even having seen any of these in action. I will buy a couple and test before I buy 80 of course, but hope to at least narrow to a brand.