Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottlindner_gw

Information for adjusting lawn irrigation, I have death areas!

scottlindner
13 years ago

Since we've moved into this home there are a couple of areas of death in our lawn that obviously do not get enough water. In the past I could compensate by doubling to tripling the water time on the three irrigation zones that affect which adds an additional hour at a minimum. The rest of the lawn is gorgeous so obviously the amount of time isn't the problem, it's the coverage.

I'm a fairly smart person and I have tried to adjust all of the heads and replace others in attempt to reach the areas that are in dire shape with no success. I know this is impossible for anyone here to "give me the answer" but if you can point me in the right direction it would really help a lot.

What I can share is that along the edges and corners I have the big impact hammer style of head, in a few areas along the edges there are the smaller pop up spray type in between the bigger impact hammer style, and then there's a row of four pop ups in the center of the lawn. There is one big death area that I really want to tackle and it's right next to one of the big impact hammer type and three pop ups so I just don't get it. I check and they are spraying. On the big impact hammer type I have adjusted it to do more and more spray and less distance and it doesn't seem to do anything productive.

If I can, I will try to get some pictures to share so it's easier for everyone to get a visual. I really appreciate the help. This has been driving my bonkers for years.

Cheers,

Scott

Comments (2)

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA