Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tomnorthjersey

Help Vales not Opening Through Nelson Controller

TomNorthJersey
11 years ago

Can someone please help me diagnose a problem with a Nelson Sprinkler system? This is for my uncle I don't have a sprinkler system but I read a lot about them deciding if I should install one.

The controller isn't turning the valves on or off anymore. The sprinklers function when turning the valves on and off manually.

The controller seems to be functioning normally. The connections appear to be sound but I don't have a meter to check connections.

There's a transformer that plugs into an outlet that's as old as the system. I'm wondering if that might be the source of the problem. I assume that's where the valves get the juice to turn the valves on and off?

1 or 2 years ago the one of the original valves was replaced with an orbit valve from home depot. Everything was working fine since then.

Any thoughts to what the problem might be or what I can do to help troubleshoot?

Here are pics of the controller and the valves. Controller part number is 900-02310.

{{gwi:330921}} {{gwi:330922}}

By the way, if anyone happens to recognize the valves and can identify the make and model number that would be helpful in the future.

Comments (2)