Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maxlife92

Help determining what is altering my garden's growth

maxlife92
11 years ago

I planted my garden (yellow squash,carrots,tomatoes,cucumbers, and kabocha squash)the last week of April. All were starter plants except the carrots and kabocha were seeds. I am brand new to gardening, and trying to not to get too disspaointed if I screw up the first season, but figure I should ask for some advice!

I feel like being about a month and a half into the garden's birth (so to say) I should be seeing some vegtables producing.

However, only my cucumbers have flowered so far. I have EXCELLENT soil,water about 1 hr every other day with the soaker hoses (always trying to make sure soil is moist), and the garden gets morning sun. It is partially under a tree ( but i was advised to do that to keep the plants from frying since it gets over 100deg here in the summer).

The kabocha I just thinned from 35 sprouts to 7(pic below of one) and they do not appear to be growing very much at all, and some of the leaves look yellow and dead.

{{gwi:330963}}

The yellow squash(pic of one below) seem very distraught as well. They were flowering last week but appear to be getting worse.

{{gwi:330967}}

This tomato plant in particular is not growing AT ALL. what does this mean when they look healthy but are just not growing? none of my tomatoes have flowered! Isnt it time?

{{gwi:330978}}

And for the carrots-They seem to be dying away..there was more green before!

{{gwi:330997}}

What are yalls thoughts? not enough sun? water? too much? not enough TIME? im hoping its just my impatience!

Thanks so much for your help:)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor