Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heartmd_gw

Toro Flo Pro valve

heartmd
17 years ago

I have a Toro Flo Pro valve with quick connect solenoid.

There is no water coming on and the solenoid is okay(it works on another valve)

There is a ring at the top of the valve which I think is the flo control

I cannot turn it counterclock more than 5 mm. On another similar valve I can turn this flo control 2-3 turns and more counter clock.

How do I clean the flo control?

Can I just attempt to force it?

KS

Comments (6)

• Waterit
    17 years ago

The Flo-Pro is yet another Toro "innovation" that fell short of expectations - we have replaced hundreds of them in the past few years. The most common problem is that they won't fully shut off - so your dilemma is a bit unique.

My recommendation is to replace ALL the valves with a Hunter or Rainbird valve - we've found them to be very bullet-proof. Don't know about the new jar-top imitations of the Flo-Pro - we use DV-100's with a less tha 1% failure rate.

• gw:garden-guy
    17 years ago

Replacing the valves is a more robust solution but it's about 10 times more work (you didn't say if they were in-line valves or above grade type). I've have FloPro's for over 10 years without an issue. I would try and rebuild your valves and if that doesn't work then you have a fall back position. The ring you mentioned is the flow control. You should be able to turn it a couple of times to increase the flow. Why would your flow controll be turned down if they were working before? You can manually activate the valve by turning the solenoid counter clock wise about 1 turn. Don't unscrew too much or the solenoid will come out. If the valve manually activates and the flow is OK then it's not your flow control.

• wsl1
    15 years ago

I had similar problem with mine also. I tried replacing the Solenoid and nothing changed. After I replaced the diaphragm everything works fine. Local pro sprinkler shop was kind enough to make me a copy of the valve diagram with part numbers. The 1" Flo Pro diaphragm part number is 892031. Might want to give that a try.

• pat52racerman_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

If you do replace the Toro's with something else you should know that the center to center distances of the inlet and outlet are not always the same - a real pain in the butt when all you want to do is replace some valves and not do a whole lot of digging!

• tthomason_gmail_com
    12 years ago

My stations will not turn on when summoned by the control box. the valves will turn on when I turn them clockwise. I have power to the controller. Not sure if the power is making it to he junction box. I have a voltage tester, small on is that low voltage going to the junction box? I may disconnect on wire to a flo - pro. BTW mine was installed in 1994.

• lehua49
    12 years ago

Tom,

Couldn't really understand what you were doing or saying. Everything from the controller to the auto-valves solenoid is 24 volt low-voltage. Don't know what your junction box is or location. If it is a house junction box it will be house voltage so be careful. Are you talking about a valve box that has the valves with their respective solenoids inside? Are you talking about turning the solenoids in order to turn on the zones manually? They would turn on by rotating them counter-clockwise and off rotating clock-wise. You need to touch your tester leads to one lead of a solenoid and the other tester lead to the white common wire to see if voltage is getting to the solenoid. JMHO Aloha

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting