Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
monicakm1

Sprinkler System '100% Coverage' & Adding Heads

monicakm_gw
14 years ago

My first automatic sprinkler system install has not been a good experience. Having a lot of problems with the company doing what they said they would do and keeping appts. I was promised "100% coverage". Not getting it and the lawn is finally starting to show it now that that spring rains are over. The problem area already has 7 popups on one station. My question is...can some rotary heads be placed on the existing run of pipe but create a new station for them so that they don't all run at the same time? IOW, if I had 60 feet of pipe with 5 of the popup 360 degree heads, running on station 6, can 3 rotary heads be added to that line and create a new station for them? Installer is supposed to be here Friday to "make things right". I asked him this question and he didn't know :o WHAT??

Monica

Comment (1)

• lehua49
    14 years ago

Hi Monica,

For a meaningful answer, I would need to know the flow rate(gpm) of your water supply source and the pressure of your water supply source (psi). Your contractor should know this if he designed the system. Also what is the flow rate of each head for each zone or station? He should be able to tell you this also. You can't add or subtract any heads to the zone without knowing this info. Sure you can split a station with another valve but can't add more heads than before on the station without knowing the info that I have requested of you. Looking forward to your additional info. Aloha.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022