Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hgiljr

One well pipe, two pumps connected

hgiljr
16 years ago

Hello all. I had to recently upgrade my pump since it was too small for all my sprinklers. I went ahead and decided to leave the pump as is(1/2 hp pump with precharge tank) and use it for the hose connection and connect a new pump to the same well pipe. As I found the well pipe I saw that it had a T connection at the end, one female side going to the small pump and the other female side with a plug. The side going to the smaller pipe is horizontal and the side of the plug is vertical. I removed the plug and ran my new 1.5 tubing to the new pump along with the check valve inbetween. AFter priming the pump all sprinklers work fine. NOw once I stop using the pump and let it rest for about an hour, it loses the prime and takes about 1.5 minutes to suck up water and begin spreading to sprinklers. Now the original pump never loses the prime and starts up right away and discharges water without a problem. The pipe suction pipe of the new pump between motor and check valve remain with water though. So the problem is from the check valve to the T of the well. Why does the water lower? Is it that it level itself with the other pump entrance? I know hard to explain but maybe someone understands. Any help or advice let me know. Now I don't have any problems waiting the 1.5 minutes for the water, just curious... Thanks again

Comments (5)