Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vjeko_gw

Would appreciate advice on irrigation components

vjeko
11 years ago

Hi,

Excuse the long post ;)

I'm one of those people that would like to have a lot of plants and a garden in a small space.

Attached is a rough sketch of the garden and surroundings.

The land is approx. 20m * 21m

The garden at it's widest approx. 6m wide

The portion along the south fence approx 3.5 m wide

The portion along the east fence approx 2m wide

In case the sketch is hard to follow, here is a description:

The parking/north fence have some bungevilia, bushes and ground cover.

Along the east fence, there is a ground cover of mint, oregano , a palm tree and a lavander at the far north, followed by kiwis along the fence and lavander and rosemarry near the house.

Along the south fence, there are permanent -kiwis and grape wines as well as yearly peppers, tomatoes and strawberries and permanent mandarin, lemon and orange trees near the house as well as .ground cover of mint and strawberries.

Along the west fence there is (permanent)laurel to the far north and berries, an apricot and cornell tree in the garden and grape wines along the perimeter together with 4 rows of vegetables.

I started of with the following drip irrigation system:

(a)long lasting black pipe with drippers inserted around the whole perimiter of the land

(b)Brown plastic pipe with inbuilt drippers for vegetable garden, ground cover etc.

This was not bad but it was too static as I changed my garden and it didn't water the ground cover nor the grass.

I basically had one circuit with possibility of shutting off a valve to the plants which didn't need such frequent watering.

I would like to re-do the whole system/reusing what I can and make separate circuits where needed. The system should be made automation ready and not sure if it would be wise to include use of water from a bin (eg for kiwis which are very sensitive to chlorine) and ability to add fertilizer.

Water taps are indicated by "W" and "W1" indicates where I have the drip system connected now. I have electricity in the house near W1 or on the grill

My questions:

(1)How many circuits should I make?

(2)What components do I use to water the permannent plants eg orange and lemon/larger bushes, grass, vegetable garden ?

My waterflow is approx 0,57l/sec

Comments (2)

Sponsored