Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rainbird 5000 adjustment

Posted by jasper60103 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 07 at 9:20

Hi All.

Recently I installed a rainbird system and I would like to tweek some of the heads.

I have rainbird 5000 rotors. I would like some tips on how to adjust the "left" stop point. Setting the right stop point is easy, just a simple turn of a screw.
I find the left more difficult. You have to twist the entire shaft left or right.

The tech showed me how to do it when the sprinklers were running. He just grasped it firmly and turned it.
Later, when I tried, it doesn't seem to turn easily and I'm afraid I may break it. Also, the manual says you can take out the assembly and rotate to the desired set point, but this sounds like more trouble.

Can someone give me some pointers here?

Fyi. Ranibird 5000 Rotor Installation guide...
http://www.rainbird.com/pdf/turf/man_5000_5000Plus_PRS.pdf

thanks,

jasper

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rainbird 5000 adjustment

It can be tricky for the layperson to make rotor adjustments. The most important thing in adjusting any rotor is to set the fixed side of the rotor FIRST. (with the RB 5000, the fixed side is the left stop) You may need a set of Channel Locks to turn the head to adjust the left stop. Once you're satisfied with where it stops on the left, THEN adjust the right side with the arc adjustment screw.

All Wet
Texas Licensed Irrigator #1897 since 1984

o

One thing I noticed in the instructions after reviewing again.

They imply the water should be shutoff. Hence why they say "Pull up turret". FYI. I noticed the tech didn't shutoff the water first, but he's knows what he's doing.

Anyway, I think I could get a better grip if it's dry.

I'll call back my tech if all else fails.

thanks,

jasper

o

these heads have a left set area, in other words you have a set left sweep, you have this set then you adjust the right sweep with the screw

o

I found the easiest way to adjust the left stop is to loosen the big nut (just a fraction of a turn) first. Then the shaft can be easily turned by hand. I wouldn't recommend using channel locks - it will easily damage the plastic shaft preventing proper pop up/down action.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here