Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rlymburner

Valves not turning on/off? Bleeder valve not working correctly?

rlymburner
12 years ago

I have two problems on my 6-zone residential system. One zone won't shut off, one zone won't start.

PROBLEM #1: While troubleshooting my system, I managed to screw it up even worse. Zone #1 comes on as soon as I turn on the water supply. It had been working fine, its not active at the control box, and the bleeder valve is completely closed. An irrigation contractor came by (who may not have been very good) couldn't fix it and said it may be due to too much pressure in the system ??? What to do? I tried dropping pressure by turning on multiple zones and toggling bleeder - even let it rest overnight. No luck. Turned on water supply this morning and the zone fired right up.

PROBLEM #2: Zone #2 will not come on at the control box. It will come on if I open the bleeder. I found instructions on how to check the solenoid and will do that once I figure out problem #1! ("You can unscrew the solenoid and hold it in your hand and have someone turn on the zone. Keep your finger on the end where the metal plunger is and you should feel it move to an out position. Be careful it doesn't shoot across the yard, you'll never find it. If you do then the solenoid is working. ")

(An irrigation forum ... are you kidding me? Hallelujah!)

Comments (3)