Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bkenobi

Help identifying sprinkler valve

bkenobi
10 years ago

I have a sprinkler system that the previous owner installed (same old story). The system has been working fine for the last 2 seasons that we have lived in the house. I noticed the other day that one of the sprinkler heads in a zone that is turned off is weeping a bit, so I wanted to locate which valve was controlling it and repair it. I went around to all the boxes I knew about and manually actuated the sprinklers via the bleed port. I was able to locate 7 of the 10 valves, but not the one I needed. Well, that's a different problem for another day.

In one zone, the bleed port opened the valve and the sprinklers turned on. When I turned the bleed plug back, the flow did not stop. I opened the valve and checked the diaphragm and everything looked good. There is a screen on the supply side of the diaphragm but it doesn't look serviceable. After reassembly, the valve still runs full open. I assume that the solenoid is toast at this point and was hoping to replace it, but it doesn't look like it is removable. Can anyone help ID this valve so I can find parts? I have other pictures if a different view would help.

The primary features are:
* a bleed port in the center of the feed side diaphragm
* bleed port screw looks much like Toro
* solenoid that cannot be removed
* valve has 4 screws

Most of my sprinklers are Toro. The controller is Rain Brid. I have at least 3 different types of valves, so I assume the installation took place over time. The house was built in 1984, so the sytem could be up to 30 years old.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia