Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Run 2 programs on Rainbird ISM-9?

Posted by Troy1975 Utah (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 12:03

Hello,

My city has placed watering restrictions for the summer and it will be necessary for me to run 2 programs on my Rainbird ISM-9 controller. Is it possible to run both an A and a B program at the same time? I have fiddled around with the controller and can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Run 2 programs on Rainbird ISM-9?

Modern sprinkler timers have unlimited number of programs and they can run them simultaneously.

I am using RainMachine this summer and it works.

Here is a link that might be useful: RainMachine

o

troy,

I may be missing something and I would appreciate if it was explained to me. Residential controllers are usually 2-4 programs for different plant types(sprinklers vs drip, etc). Any program can be accessed at any time as long as times don't match. Different zones can not be run at the same time. So an example: ProgA zone1 can be 9:00 am for 5 minutes duration and ProgB zone 1 can be 9:15 am for 5 minutes which gives zone1 a rest to soak in between waterings. Both ProgA and ProgB can not water zone1 at 9:00am nor can ProgA zone1 and ProgB zone 2 run at 9:00am. Two zones running at the same time will lower the flow and pressure of both zones. That is the reason for having zones in the first place if the system isdesigned properly. JMHO Aloha

o

Check to see if you have enough water pressure and your transformer has enough current to drive at least 3 valves (if you have master valve).

I know BlueSpray can be configured to run programs either serially or concurrently.

Here is a link that might be useful: BlueSpray

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here