Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flooded valve box

Posted by KP1972 none (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 12:28

My zone 7 for a while would not come on. A friend got it to work but now it comes on when on the other zones comes on....AND the valve box for zone 7 floods when it comes on. I have a hunter system. Everyone says it is easy to fix but no one says HOW to fix it. Is it the valve? The solenoid? I was even told to get a new controller and that would fix it. CONFUSED I already spent $300 on a busted pipe and re-routing of zones 2 and 5.
Help, if you can!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flooded valve box

First you need to determine where the leak is. Open the box for this zone is it always full of water? If so turn off the water and let it drain. Turn the water on when empty and determine where the leak is. If always full of water you Have to make sure the solenoid is screwed in snug. If so, It is possible you have dirty or bad diaphragm. You can take the screws out of the face, probably 4, and inspect and clean the diaphragm. It only takes a speck of dirt to stop it from closing fully. Put it back together and test it. If still allowing water through you may need a rebuild kit which are quite inexpensive. Depending on valve probably around $10-$20. Once you have the valve fixed fix the leak.

Regarding the wiring and why it comes on with other zones I am not going to even guess. You will need your friend to show you what he did and/or correct it.

Good luck.

SCG

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here