Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drfugawe

Reparing Drip Tape Irrigation Lines

drfugawe
17 years ago

Last year I posted a question re repairing breaks in drip irrigation lines (my issue was the relatively expensive devices that the commercial suppliers sell, and whether anyone had discovered a cheaper way to fix breaks). No one seemed to have an answer then, but in the meantime, I found a very satisfactory fix that is not only better than using the commercial devices, but a hell of lot cheaper too. I discovered that the 1/2'' poly "hot water" pipe that is sold by 10' lengths in any hardware store is exactly the right diameter to fit inside the drip tape snuggly. (Don't know if there's an industry standard on drip tape diameter, since I bought only one kind in a 500' roll.) I then cut a 2" piece of poly pipe, swabbed each end with a waterproof glue, and slipped each end of the broken drip tape onto the piece of pipe - works great!

Now, if someone can tell me a cheap way to close off the ends of each drip tape line, I'll be crazy happy - annoys me to no end to spend 50 cents on something to do this simple job!

John

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm