Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
familyman2004

Discount / coupon codes

familyman2004
12 years ago

Does anyone know of any current discount or coupon codes for Irrigation Direct I am about to make an order and need all the help I can get.

Thanks

Family

Comments (5)

• lehua49
    12 years ago

FM,

Free shipping for orders over $119. Aloha

• familyman2004
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks lehua13;

It is because of the thoughtful information that you and others have shared on this forum that I got the courage and installed my first drip irrigation zone using drip line. It's is a miracle how good my roses look amidst this terrible heatwave and drought.

Now I am going to add a zone for containers so that I can stop having to water by hand each day.

familyman

• lehua49
    12 years ago

FM,

Happy Dripping. Check the soil to make sure water is getting deep enough. Aloha

• familyman2004
    Original Author
    12 years ago

lehua13;

I have 1gph drippers with 12" spacing that I run for 3 hours once a week on clay soil that has been mulched and composted for many years. I hope that the roses are getting a deep enough soak. I think they are based on this one fact. I grow mostly landscape roses IE Carefree Spirit, Carefree Sunshine, Whiteout, Citrus Splash, Knockout etc and they are blooming continously the new buds are forming before the old blooms have fallen off and we have gotten very little rain since late April.

My next hurdle is to find out what it takes to get a seperate water meter for irrigation and a faucet somewhere to feed the drip system.

I probably should start a new thread for this but I am thinking of using a nursery/ greenhouse setup for my container clusters using netafim drippers with mod splitters and arrow drippers. Is there anything/problems I should look out for with this type of setup. I will insert a link to some info on it.

Thanks
    Familyman

Here is a link that might be useful: Netafim multi pot watering

• lehua49
    12 years ago

FM,

My first question would be how much water demand or volume do you think you would need at peak production of your nursery/greenhouse? The people to talk to about the cost for a separate meter installed on your property is your local water purveyor. If they consider this a commercial endeavor it might be pricey. Usually you provide a valve box with shutoff valve and a meter box with piping and splicer piece of pipe that they will replace when they drop the new meter in. The cost depends on the size of the meter and your water demand needs. They will charge you for the tapping of the mainline in the road and running copper line to the meter valve location and provide the meter. They will hook all the piping up and test for leaks. Congratulations on your roses. Good luck and Aloha