Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cmftlynum

Sprinkler system problems - Toro valves - Rain Bird controller

cmftlynum
16 years ago

The problem: I have programmed the controller and cannot get any of my 14 zones to come on. The controller will read faults (what ever that may mean). I have Toro valves (284-15-04) Flo-Pro with the two wires coming from the solenoid and a Rain Bird ESP-16LXi+ controller. During the troubleshooting I have reconnected all wires using new waterproof connectors. This did not work. I then checked for continuity in the circuits(connected the common and zone wire at the controller and read for continuity at the solenoid connection with the solenoid disconnected. The wiring is fine as far as I can tell. I pulled the solenoids and tested them one by one with a 24VAC power supply. I have two bad ones that will not actuate. I hook up the good ones and still no go. I have reset the controller and tried to run one zone at a time. Still no luck. I have noticed that the working solenoids read continuity across the two wires and the bad ones do not. I am looking for more troubleshooting tips or possible solutions. Is it possible that one or two bad solenoids can fault the whole system? Is there a way to make sure the controller is sending power? Any help would be appreciated.

Brad

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!