Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gutter downspout roll-out hose?

Posted by aniya z5 IN (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 3, 04 at 21:09

I remember years ago seeing wide flat soaker hose that attached to the bottom of a gutter downspout. When the water came down the spout it made the hose roll out and distributed the water gently. Are these still available? I just spent 1/2 searching on-line and all I could find were hose attachments that directed downspout water to a rain barrel. I have a downspout on a SE corner of my garagewith a long sidewalk flower bed under the garage eaves on the east side that gets shorted by rains so using the downspout to irrigate would be wonderful. If the roll-out hose is no longer available I am thinking about drilling holes in PVC and attaching that to the bottom of the spout. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gutter downspout roll-out hose?

i have purchased those exact roll out hoses things for your gutters at lowes and home depot. i live in florida so i don't know if they will carry them in your state but you could try their web sites to purchase them online.

o

I just saw these at the following website www.improvementscatalog.com

o

• Posted by okcdan 7 Oklahoma City (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 10, 06 at 19:28

Whooohoooo! I've been looking for these & you guys helped me finally find some Rain Drain downspout extenders!

How cool is that?

o

• Posted by mikie z9 St.Pete.FL (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 10, 06 at 22:12

have gravel, leaves and twiggs probably slowly clog little holes - will that thing just blow off if it can't flow all the rain water in a florida downpour ?

o

We bury 4" drain tile and put pop-up heads here.
The downspout balloons would never make it up here with leaves and other debris coming down in late summer and in the fall.
It would then freeze and explode in the winter. ;-)

o

I just moved to north carolina from california and I had no idea clogging gutters were an issue - until our first big rain 2 weeks ago. I got these and so far so good.

Here is a link that might be useful: downspout diverters

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here