Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hoyess

more questions on Rainbird system

hoyess
16 years ago

As noted in a previous post I have an irrigation system installed for the previous owners that is currently not working as well as it should or I would like.

I have Rainbird sprinkler heads and those in the lawn are likely Rainbird R50 with a 2.0 nozzle (brown). I'm basing this on the one extra I have in the garage and the looks of the popup part in the lawn. I am finding that after watering for 90 minutes a zone (which usually have 5 heads) I am getting about 1/4 inch coverage although it is not consistent. Is this normal for R50's with a 36 foot radius?

Can someone tell me an on-line source where I could buy different nozzles. I've read that if I increase to a 3.0 or even 6.0 I would get increased water drop. I can't seem to find anywhere to order just this part though (the little brown rubber piece!). Is it because this sprinkler is discontinued?

If the coverage cannot be significantly improved (I have a 36 foot radius ie 36 feet between most of my heads) would you advise on a better Rainbird sprinkler head that would fit in my current system (ie same pipe size). I know I should water 1" per watering but can't run 16 zones for 6 hours each to do this!

Thanks for the help

Sharon

Comments (4)