Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mud around 1 head

Posted by MattWarren MA (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 9, 13 at 7:41

5 zone system. 4 zones are sprinklers, 5th is drip irrigation.
I have 1 head in 1 zone that always has a 12" area of mud around it. I water M,W,F for 20 minutes a zone. This will be wet on Sunday night after 2 days of drying.

Is it just a leaking head and draining out the remaining water in the zone?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mud around 1 head

mw,

Is it the lowest head in elevation compared to the other heads in the zone? You can shut off the zone after a short duration and go look. How wet is it after two days of drying? Is there another mainline that is nearby? Running sprinklers for 20 minutes seems quite high, are these heads low flow heads? Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here