Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chadhuiz

New Irrigation system failing. Need Help!!!

chadhuiz
13 years ago

Hello. I was looking for some advice on my situation. I hired a local company to install a residential irrigation system. It was installed 2 years ago. In the first two weeks after the install we sprung a leak at one of the control boxes. We now have had 5 calls to them for service, 3 of those calls for leaks.

I was just informed by their field supervisor that the pipe they used for my install and most of their installs for that season two years ago is defective. They have had numerous complaints of customers with leaks. They said they're in the process of forming a lawsuit again the pipe distributor and/or the manufactuer of the pipe. He recommended they replace the pipe because it just going to keep leaking.

Here is my question: He said the pipe and heads come with a lifetime warranty against defects, this obviously applies. They will switch out the pipe for the entire system (9 zones, 50 heads?) I just have to pay for the labor, which will cost anywhere from 1000-1200 dollars. With that they offer for every 100 dollars spent, 1 free winterization. So I could get up to 12 years worth of winterizations. I'm reluctant to agree to pay for labor on a system replacement for something defective.

What should I do? Do I have any legal angle I could use? You would think they have some sort of commercial insurance against a situation like this? Thank you

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner