Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drumwerx

Irrigation setup in greenhouse

drumwerx
9 years ago

I have a greenhouse that I have a 500 gallon reservoir in the set up with a 2400 gph mag drive pump that has 2400 gph at 0' head height and 720 at 15 feet. I have the pump hooked up to 1-1/2" PVC pipe with 1/2" black polypropylene sub lines to 1/4" feed lines with open basket stakes. I do not have any filter on this yet. Because all of the stakes are open I get more pressure or flow in the first stakes and not that as much in the last stakes. On average I have the 1/2" poly running about 25' with about 20 outlets with the 1/4" stakes.

In the beginning of the year everything was okay but now I am seeing my last stakes on the run not getting any water at all. I have opened the ends and flushed out anything that might be there plus I have taken the 1/4" feeders out and cleaned them but still not enough pressure.

I tried flag style drippers from Home D last year but they clogged constantly so that is why I went with the open baskets.

I really need to find the correct way to set this up so I do not have to watch the last plants and water them by hand.

I just tried 2 more mag drive pumps via 1 in-line 1/2 way through the system in series and added another pump in series in the tank where 1 pump pushes through the other pump thinking that it would give me more pressure at the end but this does not seam to work.

I wanted to find out if I hooked the 2 pumps up correctly in my tank or not. Should they be in series as they are now or should I re-do them in parallel? I am not sure what is the correct way to get more water to the last plants on the end of the line.

Or am I to go back to drippers that work without clogging with a large filter on the system?

I now see that my water is pretty hard becasue my wet wall has white deposits all over it and I got a filter for it this week.

What is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Comment (1)