Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What type of drip to install?

Posted by serkhab 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 12 at 0:50

Hello,

The home I purchased had lots of bushes and ground covering plants with a soaker line with holes every 6 inches in it running throughout the backyard. I removed those bushes and planted roses, lilies,gardenias, palm trees, mandevila vines and confederate jasmine vines. Should I remove the old soaker lines and instead put a drip system that would just water to each plant specifically? Or just have the soaker lines holes so that the water would drip into the basins around the base of each plant? Does the ground near the plants need water even though nothing is growing there? Thanks again in advance to any who reply.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What type of drip to install?

serk,

If you like to spend money and tinker with the system, go drip. JMHO Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here