Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stickbowcrafter

Artesian well questions

stickbowcrafter
15 years ago

I found this forum while searching for artesian well info so this may not be the best place for this topic. I bought a farm last year that has an artesian well on the property. The pipe sticks up out of the ground about a foot and appears to be a steel pipe. The pressure on the well is enough to keep a steady flow of water coming out of the top of the pipe. The area around the pipe was very wet, forming a swamp of sorts about 1/2 acre in size that eventually runs off into a stream on the property. I wanted to use this area for fields and possibly excavate a pond and I was able to pipe the well with 200 feet of corrigated pipe directly into the stream. The swamp dried up quickly. I'm planning on using the water for irrigation and to fill the future pond. I noticed the run off from my pipe into the stream is leaving an orange deposit on the ground which I assume is caused by iron in the water. I have a few questions. Is there anything I can attach to this 4" artesian well pipe to convert it to an irrigation system and possibly a filter in case a water test proves it unsuitable for a fishing pond? Thanks.

Comment (1)