Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vaison

Air compressor for irrigation winterization

vaison
15 years ago

Since the local irrigation companies charge anywhere from $125-$185 to blow out the irrigation in my area, I wanted to do it myself this year. (Why does it seem that everyone else on this forum has far better rates than I have found?) Last year I had a landscaping company do it and I experienced no problems.

Anyway, I have a pretty small yard - 1/3 of an acre- and the irrigation is only on the front and side of the house, none in the back yard. After browsing some of these forums, I have an idea of what is required but I wanted to be sure before I buy. My system is 7 zones, with 5 pop up heads being the most in each zone. I am considering the following compressor from Lowes

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=203680-70-D55168&lpage=none

but I wanted to see if this was simply more than I need. A compressor of this price would take me 3 years to recover the purchase cost. Can anyone offer up a suggestion or guide me to making a smarter purchase? Thank you for your time.

Comments (5)