Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginamarina101

Soaker hose fix?

ginamarina
17 years ago

I bought the Better Homes & Gardens soaker hose setup a few years back, not knowing that they'd discontinue it... I have more of the black solid hose, but not the 1/2" soaker hose. I have these run through my raised beds, but due to "crop rotation" I have to re-run the hoses almost every year, leaving me with lengths that are too short. I did buy up every connector I could find a couple years ago when they were on closeout, but I'm still running short. I found some 1/2" connectors in a drip irrigation bin at Walmart, but they seem too big for my hoses.

Does anyone know what will STICK to a soaker hose? I thought if I can wrap the ends of the hose with electrical or duct tape, they should fit into the connectors. I hate to scrap the whole system!

Thanks for any advice. I have some 5/8" or 3/4" hose but it's too big for my connectors other than screwing the ends to them ... and if I cut it I have nothing to connect with... and I'm not sure if running a bigger hose in the run will mess things up with the pressure? ... PITA!! =)

Gina