Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cwtherd

hybrid irrigation system

cwtherd
14 years ago

I live in one of those fantastic trac housing developments in so cal, complete with ready made lawn and garden. The irrigation system that came with the home is a finalist in the, "Greatest Waste of Water Ever Designed" category and I'd like to fix that. What I'd like to do is create a hybrid system utilizing an old garden hose converted into a soaker line plugged into the current timed system. By removing the sprinkler heads and configuring the pvc in such a way that is ties into the soaker hose, my blueprints tell me that I can get a lot of bang for my buck because the access points are currently spaced at 6'-8' intervals. All of the posts I have read on this forum essentially say that for my soil type I'm looking at soaker hose spacing of approximately 12"-18" so with that in mind, here's the question! Has anyone ever attempted to do this? What is the best means of tying the soaker line into the pvc system currently in place? What is the best pattern for laying out the soaker hose so that it will maximize even distribution of the water through the hose and across the beds, taking advantage of gravity to assist in process? Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals