Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andyinnyc

Suggestions for hardware

andyinnyc
13 years ago

I'm starting out soliciting bids to put in a sprinkler system at home and in the garden.

In the garden, I have a dozen or so beds for which I'd like drip irrigation, along with several towers of a grit mix with strawberries - these need watering on their own schedule. The beds won't need to be watered all at the same time. Ideally, each bed could be controlled as it's own zone.

Around the house I need a combination of drip and spray for the grass.

I would like to be able to inject liquid fertilizer into the garden beds - preferably not all or none, but that's likely the only reasonable solution. Garden is 32 x 32 with all raised beds plus 4 additional beds outside the fence with strawberries, rasberries, blackberries, etc.

Lot is about an acre with several planting areas and trees spread across the yard.

Should I be looking at a) one system/controller for both lawn and garden or b) a separate control system for the garden?

Secondly, if cost were no object, which controller/system would people generally suggest? If cost were a consideration, what would be the step-down solution, and how much would that save?

We're in NJ. Any ballpark on what the total system costs might/should be?

Thanks for reading and hopefully answering a really broad set of questions (and as such I don't expect your answers to be exact ).

Andrew

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting