Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with drip system and timer

Posted by krose4 none (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 16:48

Hello,

There is a working drip system in our front yard that waters a tree and several bushes. It was here when we bought the house. The problem is, we have no idea how it works! It appears to be on a timer, however we cannot find anything that resembles a timer box anywhere around our house. I have uploaded an image of the what we think has to do with the drip system. Can anyone provide a little insight into how this works?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with drip system and timer

Well those are electric solenoid valves and they are actuated by a time. Could it be in the basement, closet, garage or shed? Dig around in the gravel and you might get a clue what direction the wires are heading. I'm guessing there is/was a timer above ground somewhere. Let me know if you find it!

Also, you can twist the two solenoids (where the wires attach) 1/4 turn counter clockwise and they should turn the zones on manually. If there is no water pressure, then you need to find the main shutoff valve for the system and turn it on first. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here