Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this a sprinkler head?

Posted by krose4 none (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 16:55

Hello,

We have found ONE black piece in our yard that appears to be a sprinkler head. I have attached the picture. Is this a sprinkler head? Why would there only be one in the entire yard? Perhaps our yard is small enough that it only needs one?

If this is a sprinkler head, how do I start it or turn it on? We cannot locate a sprinkler timer box anywhere in our backyard. The spigot in the backyard is a normal spigot with nothing attached to it. Can anyone provide a little insight? I would love to get it up and running if we do have a sprinkler system.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this a sprinkler head?

It's a sprinkler head.

http://www.krain.com/index.php

I have no idea how you could turn it on though. Do you have a basement maybe with a valve that goes outside? Garage?

o
RE: Is this a sprinkler head?

k,

I agree with extreme. If you can not find the controller or valve box that turns it on, the the only way find it is dig up the sprinkler head and see which way the lateral pipeline is going. You can continue to find it by digging holes spaced along its route till you get to the valve box or buried automatic valve controlling it, then on to the controller itself. The system could have been removed but the sprinkler never removed. You will find out soon enough by digging holes. Let us know what happens. GL JMHO Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here