Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njr2211

Nelson ez pro jr.

njr2211
14 years ago

I have a Nelson EZ Pro Jr 8306 that only runs the

pump for about 2 minutes in manual or automatic mode.

There is a little p that comes up at the bottom

of the window. The manual says the p stands for a problem,

but doesn't say what the problem is. Anyone run into this?

Thanks for any help.

Comments (6)

• lehua49
    14 years ago

Hi njr,

I looked up the manual and it describes a little more than you have written. The p should have a zone number as well. The manual indicates that it is a short or electrical connection problem. This should be apparent when you cycle through the system manually. Is there any problems that are apparent with your system like a non-responding valve or zones coming on at the wrong time, valves or sprinklers leaking, etc? Aloha

• njr2211
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I put some new batteries in the controller and noticed
    a little bit of battery leakage. Cleaned that all
    up with a q tip, and clock seems to go out,
    but keeps all of the other settings. I hit the breaker,
    and reset the controller with the reset inside the unit,
    but still seems to kick off.
    Doesn't matter which zone it's set for.
    Could it be a common wire in the box with the valves?
    The heads run strong and it does open the correct zone.

• lehua49
    14 years ago

njr,

Are you saying the digital clock LD display goes out when you turn on the unit. Does the clock come on then disappear? If you start adjusting the clock, does it stay on while you are setting the time? A common wire only controls the valve's solenoid not the clock. IMHO, If the clock is a problem then it is a circuit board problem. The controller may have experienced a power surge if this is a recent problem. Aloha

• newman_coqui_net
    13 years ago

I changed batteries, but the LED does not come on. Where is the reset button located? Can't find the location in the Manual and can't find a button on the unit.

Thank you for your help.
    Rick

• upthehillca_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

I have a 12 zone ez pro 8300. I have read the manual many times over and I am still confused. I want to adjust my start times. I have turned the small dial to "program", I have turned the big dial to "set start times", I go through the prosedure, I can only set zones 1, 2, 3, and no more, if just keeps repeating itself. I don't think the rest of the zones are timed to follow on from #3. How can I prove that my complete system to timed correctly?
    I do reset the smal dial back to "auto"
    Thanks for and help with this
    Willie

• lehua49
    12 years ago

UTH,

When you turn the dial to the zone "Run Time" can you cycle through 12 zones? Each zone number should show up or be highlighted as you cycle through the zones as you are setting the irrigation duration time(this is not start times). The dial when set to "Set the Start Time" only gives you three different times to start your auto irrigation 12-zone cycle. The clock should be shown only to set the time with the plus or minus. GL Aloha