Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glscholten

Need advice on my well/irrigation system.

glscholten
15 years ago

Hi- I am in need of some advice. My house used to be on two wells. One for my irrigation system and one for my house. The well for my irrigation was bad so I just switched over the lines from my irrigation and tied into the house lines. I may have not thought this through "well" enough so I am looking for advice.:-)

Where I tied in my irrigation line to the house well is just inside the well house but before the pressure tank that is inside my house. I put in a check valve to prevent back flow from my irrigation to the well and/or house lines and also have a shut off valve at that point.

This design works as I intended with one problem. When I pressurize my irrigation lines my pump seems to be constantly running. Because of the pressure in all the lines, I expected the pressure tank in my house would determine when the pump turned on - even when running my irrigation.

I believe I have one of two problems:

1. I have a slow leak somewhere in my irrigation that is causing my pump to run

OR

2. There is something wrong with my design and I need pressurize my irrigation line seperately with another pressure tank.

Advice? Comments?

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio