Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creek_side_gw

Gutter Drain Pipe Make & Material???????

creek_side
13 years ago

Our new house has buried (not deep enough) four inch downspout drains running out to the edge of the building site. I hit one while digging, and now I need to repair it. Trouble is, I don't know what this stuff is made of, let alone called. I've never seen anything like it before.

I know it came in sticks, not coils, and is at least semi-rigid. It is white on the outside and black on the inside. At least one end is belled. I don't remember if both ends were belled. It is lightly corrugated.

The damaged part is somewhat flexible. It is torn, not shattered. It feels like vinyl, but I have no idea exactly what it is.

The transitions from the downspouts are handled with what appears to be black PVC or ABS adapters, which are fastened to the pipe with screws. Where a 45 degree angle was needed, a white PVC adapter was inserted between the black adapter and the pipe. It was cemented to the pipe with a clear cement, probably PVC cement. The cement does not appear to be adhering properly to the pipe.

Does anyone have any idea what this stuff is called and/or what it is made of, and who might carry it?

Thanks.

Comments (4)

Sponsored