Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bleed Screw - Orbit Sprinkler - Help!

Posted by fanna Ca (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 4, 13 at 20:03

Apologies first of all if this is a question that the is a no brainer but I am a landscaping newcomer and havent the slightest clue what to do. I have a brass 3/4 Orbit Anti-Siphon valve. It does not turn on when the timer says it should. I replaced the solenoid (2xs) and it is only when I unscrew the bleed screw that the sprinklers go off. When I tighten it up, the water stops. Am I doing something completely wrong here?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bleed Screw - Orbit Sprinkler - Help!

The bleed screw, when opened, allows the valve to open manually. You most likely have a electrical problem. Did you check to make sure you have voltage at the controller and if you do, do you have voltage at the wire where it connects to the solenoid. This is the first thing you need to check

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here