Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
clogged fogg-it nozzles

Posted by ken_ny Z10FL (kenr64@comcast.net) on
Fri, Oct 15, 10 at 10:00

How do you clean/unclog fogg-it nozzles without wrecking them?

I have several dozen in many different sizes but mostly super fine.

I use them to mist and fertilize orchids and bromeliads, etc. mounted on cork bark or growing in open wood slatted baskets.

Most of them have at least one or two of the of the three nozzles completely clogged.

Any suggestions other than using a pre-filter?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: clogged fogg-it nozzles

ken,

My guess is that they are clogged from the fertilizer salt build up. Soak them overnight in vinegar and see if that helps. Aloha

o

Thanks!

full strength or diluted?

o

Ken,

As strong as you dare. I believe in full strength as the shortest route to nirvana. Aloha. By the way test one and if it works, do the others and set up a maintenance routine if you are using system as fertilizer delivery. GL

o

Tried it & wow! - it worked like a champ. a 24 hour soak in full strength distilled white vinegar opened up all three nozzles of the completely clogged super fine fogg-it misters that haven't worked in years.

Thanks so much for the tip.

Ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here