Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weathermatic.. possible bad SLMx modules?? Blowing fuses

Posted by bans25 NH (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 13:03

SL1600 with one SLM4 and one SLM12 worked great for years, then went out. Found transformer was bad. Replaced transformer and unit powered for about 20 seconds, Second transformer went bad. Replaced the SL1600 with a new one, unit powered up for 5 seconds and went out. Saw that newer SL1600 has an in-line fuse after transformer. Pulled SLM modules out and swapped fuse, unit powers up fine. Put in old SLM4 module (no wires attached) and fuse blew again. Is it possible storm blew out the SLMx modules?? Has anyone experienced this?
I have to get a couple more SLMx modules to try to get this working.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weathermatic.. possible bad SLMx modules?? Blowing fuses

ban,
I would suggest a dialogue with an electrical expert that knows how to test for resistance and current. Does the controller display any troubleshooting codes? What is the controller doing when you say you are powering it up. Are you trying to run any zones or just watching it turn on? Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here