Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ptr727

PVC Compression or Union or Threaded coupler

ptr727
10 years ago

I am getting ready to pour concrete in my alley, and this will cover my PVC pipes in concrete.

I want to connect the pipes coming out of the concrete in a way that I can disconnect them for maintenance or repairs to the valves without needing to cut them.

I am not sure what type of fitting and connector to use?

The location getting concrete has the water supply connected to the house copper supply line, and it has two above ground anti siphon valves for beds in the front yard.

From this location there is a 1" PVC line that goes to the back yard where there are four more valves.

I will be pouring concrete all around the valves and pipes, basically making a concrete lined pit, with a drain in the bottom, and fill it with gravel. I do not want any water to drain underneath the foundation.

The PVC pipes coming through the concrete needs to be connected to the valves and supply line. Since they will be encased in concrete, it is very important that I can perform maintenance, without cutting the pipes any shorter.

Since one of the lines is a high pressure supply line, it is also important that the connection be reliable.

I am considering using:

- Compression type fitting that slips on both sides.

- Compression type fitting that glues on one side and slips on the other side. Using slip on side for concrete pipe end.

- Union fitting that glues on both sides. Concern is that if union is replaced it must be of same make and model to maintain fit.

- Threaded connector that glues on one side and threads on other side. Glueing adapter to concrete pipe end.

- Some other combination?

Any suggestions?

P.

Comment (1)