Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bkloos

Front and back lawn... 2 sepreate systems?

bkloos
13 years ago

Guys,

I've been planning out my irrigation system, and have a couple new questions.

As it was originally planned (in my mind) I was going to set up the front and side lawns system this fall, leaving the back yard for next year as I have some landscaping projects to do back there before I install the irrigation.

SO, my original plan was to run the main line outside to the valve manifold to run the approximate 4-5 zones needed for the front and side. Then next year I was going to run a new supply line throught the basement to the back of the house and then through the foundation to serve the back yard.

The back-yard system would have its own manifold and its own controller, basically giving me two systems.

With more thought, I was wondering if it would be better to continue the the main line from the 4-5 valve manifold in the front via burried PVC to the back yard and just cap it off at the back yard for future use next summer when I install the back yards zones.

This way I could just buy a control with more capacity, and not have to do any more plumbing inside the house. Next year I would simply buy a new valve box and install 3-4 zones in the back yard. Assuming I was using 1 1/4 PVC to the front yard maniflod, I could then continue the main line to the back yards valve box with the same 1 1/4"...

Would this make sense?

Comment (1)