Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Running all sprinkler zones

Posted by stretch561 none (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 20:17

Kind of new to this. Is was checking the gpm of my 4 zone sprinklers that are currently running off of city water. Recently had well drilled in at 65'. My biggest zone is 12.7 gpm . I was looking to get a pump that was in the 20 gpm 40 psi range to run zones each at 15 minutes. I talk to a pump guy and had a 50 gpm 55 psi pump and said that I can take the cam out of a four zone indexing valve and run all zones at once for 30 mins. All zones are under 50 gpm. I know it will take a little bit for water to reach the furthest sprinkler which isn't to far from the pump. I was just wondering if there are any other conflicting things that can go wrong with this idea. Thank you in advanced.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Running all sprinkler zones

stretch,

Ask the pump guy what your well's sustainable yield is? aloha

o

Wouldn't the well gpm depend on what size pump is hooked up to well line.

o

Well driller said 25 gpm. I'm going to stick with 4 zones. My biggest is 12.7 gpm. What pump size would be good. My well is 65 ft, I would like a little mor gpm incase I want to add sprinklers in the future.

o

stretch,

Here is a good link to understand the process of selecting your pump:
http://www.wellpumpsandfilters.com/Sizing-Well-Pumps_ep_41.html

Info to find out:
1. For 12.7 gpm what is the well's drawdown?
2. Diameter of well casing
3. Type of pump you want to purchase?
4. Depth of water level in well to ground surface in feet?
5. Elevation difference in feet from well ground surface to highest point the water will be needed?
6. What pressure you will need in the irrigation system?
Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here