Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coho_gw

change nozzles?

coho
18 years ago

Using Hunter PGP Rotors and need to increase size of a few in a small park. Is there a tool or method to pull up and hold the rotor for nozzel change out without removing the whole rotor head first?

Thank you in advance.

Comments (7)

• mikie_gw
    18 years ago

They make a C clip that snaps on below and holds the nozzle twisty area of the head up then you use the allen wrench on the adjustment tool... back it out a ways, put a can or something over the head, turn it on for a couple seconds which launches the can like a rocket and hopefully the nozzles pops out and you can find it laying next to the head under where the can was.

Hopefully you have enough system capacity in GPH to support bigger nozzles otherwise your pressure is going to drop, maybe severly as most people would nozzle everything up to maximum capacity at a decent pressure.

• coho
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mikie,
    System pipeing is well over sized so no shortage of flow.Most nozzles have already been changed out but not all. Who sells the clip? I have tried some searches but didn't find anything but one to use on a removed head. Thanks.

• mikie_gw
    18 years ago

I bet online just north of me a-ways has them. Now if I can remember his name... www.Lubees.com

You'll probably have to call to get them to send you one. I ordered a bunch of pgp's and some other hunter items from them and they forgot I asked for low angle nozzles and shipped instantly a ton of nozzle trees with just a phone call. Nice lady - family business.

Think I bought one of the c-clips and the arc tools in Lowe's Home Improvement Center here about 5 yrs ago. They had heads identical to hunter pgp but branded with some other name and green rubber tops.

C-Clip is white nylon C with like a finger ring molded to the outside center of the C to handle it with.
    The arc adjuster is two of those little rings molded together with allen wrench on one side and a little T tip on other side for lifting and turning the arc adjustment. -- if that makes any sense.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lubees hunter accessories.

• coho
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mikie,
    I have one of the nozzle wrench/arc adjusters. I am trying to come up with a way to pull the rotor up, hold it, change the nozzle and not turn the water on or dig up the head. Seems like the easiest will be to clear around the head and screw the top off. Lubees has a lot of information on nozzle flows that I need.
    Thanks, Ken

• coho
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mikie,
    I stopped at a local sprinkler supply store today and they had both the holding clip and the nozzel wrench. Kindly showed me how to pull the head up to apply the clip. And then gave me both. No charge. Thanks again for your help. Now have to figure out which ones need to be changed to eliminate a dry strip that goes from one corner of park to about the center.

• mikie_gw
    18 years ago

Cool. Free is nice, especially from real people.

• sixtz4me
    14 years ago

coho,
    what I have found that works really well for your application is the double hardware hook, like you hang a shovel on in your garage. It is U shaped with a single wood screw attached at the rear. It is rubber coated and grips very well. Pull the rotor up with the Hunter tool and slide the hook thing on. Voilla!