Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hgiljr

Problem with Shallow Well Pump

hgiljr
15 years ago

Hello all. I have a Flotec Shallow WEll pump along with the pre-charge tank. On the outlet side of the pump I have a T with a hose valve to make priming easier if needed. What is happening lately once the pre-charge tank empties out, the pump is having a hard time sucking in water after I let it sit for a day or so. What happens after the day passes and the tank empties is that you hear the pump trying to suck water but with no success. I have to go to the hose valve, open it a bit to release the air in there and then it will be able to suck water. I have redone the complete piping from the check valve to the inlet, I have rethread the outlet side and still same problem. When this occurs, I have removed the primp screw on the inlet side and there is water in there. I have also unscrewed the universal fitting I have and there is also water in there. What can be causing this air capture or causing for me to open the hose valve to release the air? Could it be the pump that has lost strenght through the years (around 5-6 years old) that is causing this air as it tries to suck up water? Any info or help appreciated. Thanks

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living