Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chueh_gw

Opposite to irrigation; Flood problem

chueh
14 years ago

I don't know where I should post my question. At least, this forum is related to WATER. LOL...

{{gwi:335857}}

{{gwi:335858}}

We have had this house for 3 years. Whenever it rains, there is clay water collected on the walk way. The flooding gets worse and expands. I was thinking of digging a trench for a French drain to redirect the water. On the other hand, my husband who always favors short and quick fixes likes using machines to do all the jobs, except himself. He suggested that we use a dirty water submersible pump. I saw the advertisement of the pump and the picture of it on the local shops, yet I have no idea how it works. Anyway, it does not look promising to me at all.

Please take a look at the exact same picture of our problematic walk way. The deepest water depth is where I drew with the blue pen. I am thinking of digging a trench where I drew with pink pen. The orange-brown line is where all the water is going. Our right side neighbor is much higher than us; whereas our left side neighbor is lower than us. I think that the trench just needs to reach to the middle of the yard.

Which method is more practical and aesthetic? And When either the method is used, what should I pay attention to? What else I should know about doing it?

Thanks

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm