Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsbee_gw

So i had a bad year...

mrsbee
17 years ago

Hey y'all...I'm still around but just not so much on this fine wintersowing website. I'm setting goals now that the new year has finally arrived. I'm afraid I'm going to need help from all my old buddies and possibly new ones.

Like i said i had a bad year. It started off with that nasty tornado that came thru our area and totally destroyed everything around us. We lost about 9 trees, our fencing, cars damaged, roof damaged and alot of my W/S babies. My husband and i tended to all the tree work since our insurance didnt cover them unless they were on a structure. It was at least a two month process if not more with alot of backaches and chainsaw blues.

Then in May I lost my favorite Uncle to cancer...

June...the ONLY good thing that happened was my youngest son graduating. Two days following, we found out my husbands baby brother had multiple myeloma, a form of bone marrow cancer. We had to take him into our home for care due to the fact that his wife loves her bottle of whatever more than taking care of him. We didnt realize how bad his life was until we took him into care for him but we were gonna fight the battle strong and hard with him. We go to the doctor at least twice a week for chemo and blood transfusions when necessary.

July, i have a few flower volunteers but they rarely got any TLC from me due to my crazy crazy schedule plus depression had set in.

September...my youngest child was unvoluntary put into the hospital after his girlfriend of 2 years broke up with him. He was there for 9 days. Heart-breaking but he overcame it like i knew he would but the days before he was hospitalized were darn scary.

October...my brother in law started getting these huge bulging lumps all over his body. It was frightening. He had a skin tag underneath his arm pit that filled with blood and was the size of an extra larger than normal cherry tomato.

November...we lost our dog named Harold who was having bouts of sickness all thru the summer. We had him for 11 yrs.

December rolls around, we have the lovely ice storm that leaves us without power for 5 days. Brrrrr, it was cold but kinda nice because it slowed my life down somewhat. I got to do puzzles by day & cook by candlelight and go insane when no one was looking! Not to mention, x-mas falls in this month and well, it was poopy.

And on January 9th, we lost our sweet brother Dale. We gave it our best and its still hard even knowing he's in a better place and no longer suffering. He was only 44. I find myself still going into the living room and expecting him to be in his favorite chair. I got in the car the other day and felt the absence of his prescence in the passenger seat since i often drove him to the doctors visits.

So here I am now...knowing I gotta keep myself busy, not think too hard about things. I'm thinking wintersowing is the way to go if i can motivate myself in that direction. I have my dirt, I have my plastic wonders but I'm kinda seedless since i sent alot out the last time and didnt bother collecting from my crops. I'll be posting on the exchanges when I think I am up to it.

I gotta re-start this year off right. I like making beautiful things grow so perhaps this is the route I need to take. Plus I miss all my entertaining buddies and their amazing boogie dances.

Here's to new starts!

MrsBee

Comments (13)

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

HI B,
    send me your address and I'll send some seeds.
    Seems like 2006 was a really tough year for many of us. I have high hopes for 2007 being better.
    Beth B

• albertar
    17 years ago

MrsBee
    Please send me your address also, I have seeds I can share. Things HAVE to get better, and they will.
    Alberta

• bonnys
    17 years ago

I'm in zone 5 Mrs. Bee and I have seeds I would love to share with you. Please send me your addy.
    Bonny

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    17 years ago

My heart goes out to you. I truly hope you can feel this big hug! I will be thinking of you for the next while and hoping that this year will bring better moments for you.

I have a few seeds left and would like to share. Do e-mail me with your address.

Nicole.

• laurelin
    17 years ago

MrsBee,

Your year was a real heartbreaker, and I am so sorry to hear of your mulitple losses and daily struggles. I'd like to help, too. Please email me.

Laurel

• bakemom_gw
    17 years ago

Send me your addy - I can set you up too.

• lianeny
    17 years ago

MrsBee --

I am so sorry to hear of your losses; it souds as though you've had to be very strong for others for a long time now. I hope that you'll be able to find time to care for yourself, and that your reborn garden will help.

I'm in zone 5 too, and I be happy to share any seeds I've got. I'll also have some blue, bearded iris available later in the year if you're interested. Just send me your address.

LianeNY

• rosebush
    17 years ago

Dear MrsBee,
    I am so sorry for your losses. What an incredibly difficult and painful year! I applaud your determination and optimism for a new start. Please email and I will send you some seeds. Also have extra plants. . .
    Blessings,
    Rosemary

• ccoupkir
    17 years ago

Hi MrsBee,

I have tons of seed left and you are more than welcome to them! E-mail me and we can set it up!!!

Cheryl ::] (a fellow Illinoisian!)

• kqcrna
    17 years ago

mrsbee: I can relate, I had a really poopy 2006 too. Here's to a wonderful year ahead! Email me and I can give you a few seeds, too.

Karen

• wendeyzee
    17 years ago

Mrsbee, I also had a tough year so I really can sympathize, and I'm glad its over. I would love to contribute some seeds, I have a few very nice things and if there is anything you are looking for I will look to see if i have it. All things WSing and seeds help me have hope and always makes me feel better as I hope you will too!
    Please email me.
    Big Hugs,
    Wendey

• mrsbee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

This, my friends, is what is soooo amazing about our wintersowing group~everyone is so supportive no matter what it may be. I really appreciate all your kind words and emails and its kinda sad to know that alot of you had a not so great year.

BUT this morning, I woke up with a yard full of snow (smiles) and I think its a reminder of the goal I set forth the other day to wintersow my woes away...I know I know, its just what winter does but I'm gonna use it as I see fit. I can do that right?

Today, I am going on Day 3 of thank you's from Dale's funeral service and wow, what a task that is. I am not complaining in any way. I was telling "Plays in Dirt", he had a large amount of friends and all the flower cards and memorial contributions were split up between my M.I.L. and I, and the large stack says so much about his character and the impact he made on their lives. It makes each thank you note all the more worthwhile. Now finding some addresses is a different story. How do you find the address to someone named FARMDOG? LoL

I have a funny wintersowing story about Dale. My first W/S year he gave me alot of s**t about all the two liters and milk jugs all over my back deck. Thought it was a funny that I thought I could grow flowers like that and he harrassed me by saying it looked like Sanford and Son. You have to understand that was the month I quit smoking and I w/s 200+ containers. Guess what? He got to reap the rewards because I had an amazing year. He had all kinds of beauties for his yard and pond. Everyone "oohed and ahhed" over this amaranthus purple that flourished so beautifully beside his pond. Next year rolled around, he brought me one of those child's kiddie pails with bulbs in it as a little ha-ha. Then this summer, he didnt get to tend to his yard like normal due to living with us plus the cancer and its pain didnt allow his body to do much. You should have seen the Amaranthus Purple!!! It overtook his pond area & was growing up all over in the back yard. It was kinda like my ha-ha right backatcha! Of course, with a wife and two children at home, it should have never got like that but they deem other things more important. Ok, I'm gonna get sidetracked...so I better stop there with my story.

Anyway, I do appreciate all your support and if I dont get right back to you, have faith I will. Thank you so much!
    MrsBee

• neonposey
    17 years ago

Oh bless your heart! You did have an awful year. It sounds like your brother was a wonderful person and I know you are going to miss him very much. (((HUGS)))

I had a pretty rough year in 2006 too so I got very little gardening done. Family issues and a bout of Pneumonia in May made my gardening next to nil. I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things this year, although I still haven't planted anything yet.

However, I do still have plenty of seeds and would love to share with you, if you would like some. My list isn't updated, but send me your addy and I'll send you some to sow or trade off if you don't need them.

Glad your back and hope 2007 will be better for us all!

Sponsored