Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wish her luck!

Posted by donn_ 7a, GSB, LI, NY (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 12, 07 at 6:03

I'm leaving in a few minutes, to take SWMBO to the hospital to have her Gall Bladder removed.

With luck, we'll be home by late afternoon.

Cross your fingers, and sow a seed for her.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wish her luck!

You got it, buddy! I am thinking about you both right now.

o

I hope it went well. Should be all over by now.

I know you'll be a good nurse.

Karen

o

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wishing both of you the fastest recovery. All went well, I hope.

o

• Posted by donn_ 7a, GSB, LI, NY (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 12, 07 at 21:53

Thanks. We just got home. The surgery was a breeze, but the hospital was slow. She's resting comfortably in her recliner, and happy it's done.

o

Glad it went well!

SWMBO - wishing you a gentle recovery and best outcome. Take your time.

o

Here's hoping for her quick recovery. A recliner and a loving helper sounds like a good start.

Laurel

o

Glad all went well.

Karen

o

That's our girl! Best to you both! After Ohio State, I've been a little hinky about sure things...

o

• Posted by donn_ 7a, GSB, LI, NY (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 14, 07 at 8:06

The most difficult part of this has been getting her to ask for what she wants, instead of getting up and getting it herself, but I think she's getting used to it now. She's happy to be home, and the dog is sticking to her like glue. Red comes and gets me when Madge needs something. It's like a Lassie moment. "Lassie, what does Mommy want?"

She's alternating between sleeping and watching victorian melodrama movies on the tube. The sunroom, where her recliner is, smells like a florist's shop due to an immense bouquet from her employer, which arrived yesterday. Roses, Lady's Mantle, Lilies and some kind of huge pink Snapdragon-like flowers, with long blades of ornamental grass. She was very impressed I knew what the Lady's Mantle was.

The only discomfort she has is in her shoulder blades. Apparently they stuffed her upper torso with inert gas, in order to expand the volume of the area and reduce the size of the gall bladder. That pressure on diaphragm and skeleton stressed her bones. The actual incisions aren't bothering her at all, even though it looks like she took a hit from Dick Cheney's shotgun, right in the abdomen. 4 tiny angry red wounds dot her tummy.

Her appetite's back, for the first time in months. It's the first sign that the gall bladder was the problem. Last night's supper was a lovely bowl of rice & beans, with some Grey Poupon and Peter Luger sauce mixed in. She wolfed it down with delight.

Today, under the surgeon's instructions, I'm to get her mobile. I'll tuck her into her rainsuit and we'll take a stroll in the mild but damp January air. Red will be in heaven, having us both on a walk with her. After that, she get's to take her first shower since the surgery. I'll have to be in attendance, of course, lest she slips. That'll be fun.;>>

o

Donn, that is so cute, you're a good buddy like my DH is. I'm so lucky to have him. It's great to hear that she's doing well. Our best wishes to both of you.

Mary

o

So sweet you are Donn! She certainly found a 'good' one! :)

Very glad to hear things are going well. I hope you have a wonderful walk together!

o

Thank you for an update, Donn. SWMBO is one lucky lady. Your tendernes and caring is clear as bell. Red is one lucky dog too. :-)

Wishing her a perfect health.

o

So glad SWMBO is doing well. I couldn't help but laugh when I envisioned your wicked little grin while writing about the shower. You are quite a card!

Joanne

o

First time I saw this post was today, glad all is going well and hope for more of the same.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here