Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancy_drew_gw

Talk About Creative Gardening!

nancy_drew
15 years ago

Oh my gosh! What a garden this is! The most creative I have ever seen!

I googled something and this link showed up, you have to have a look!

Here is a link that might be useful: Someone's Garden

Comments (12)

• bakemom_gw
    15 years ago

I am not artistic and admire those who are. It's kooky, but fun.

• mnwsgal
    15 years ago

A little much for my tastes but looks like the gardener and family have had fun with it. I do like the bottle tree, like how it flows rather than straight up and down like others I have seen.

• nancy_drew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It is a little over the top, but I found it full of ideas! I love the waterless fountain, and the table and chair she planted in... there's a few really original containers. The painted benches are really nice too.

I wonder how big her property is?

• lillyjane
    15 years ago

I LOVE IT !!!! We have an old bath tub that we use to water the cows in , well hello !!! now the cows are gonna be drinkin in style with their new watering troff while the old tub will be moved in front of the garage! Karen has offered yuonnes saliva seed for sasbe & it is going in front of the garage also, they will be so pretty together. LOL THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTIN THIS. All the pine cones in one pile what a cute mulch idea!!! Now I just need DHubby to teach me to weld or maybe I can sweet talk him into it! ((BRIN GRINS))) I really feel in love with eyesac to ! & the sand beach !!! what a wonderful idea, I can make it large enough for the grandbabies to play in! Tee-Hee-Hee that would surely make me the Cool Granny ")
    nancy drew Thanks so much for postin this, I have added it to my favorites. hahahaha just lovin it !!!!!
    jan aka lillyjane

• floodthelast
    15 years ago

Well none of those would fit or be safe for my toddler but I loved the clever puns. Especially the tool bench and water bed. The tub with a shower was adorable too. Oh and the high heels with succulents for rosette's. Very creative and cute. She must have so much space.

• lillyjane
    15 years ago

Well floodthelast,
    Where's your imagination at? You can make a childfriendly sand box & add a bench & a couple of larger rocks to sit on while the babies are playing with their sand buckets & shovels. A few potted flowers for color around the bench or rocks for the kids to help water, touch & smell won't hurt a thing if you are with them there making sure they don't eat them. They'll get a kick out of listening to the roar of the ocean in one of the larger sea shells. That is how kids learn by touching & smelling & playing. I all ready have mine set in my head how it will be, of coarse the wadding pool will be at the edge of it & on a hot summer day we'll add some water to parts of the sand for making sand castles & memories at Grandmas house. I am so excited to start my kidfriendly sandbox/flower bed for me & the grandbabies to play in. I have a kiddy table & chairs to set in there so we can have refreshments when we go to the beach, of coarse I'll have to drag up my Granny chair or set on the adult bench. LOL
    When my 6 yr old grandaugther comes over on cold days she always asks "Grandma, it's cold outside can we plant seeds in the kitchen? " so we usually do a couple of ws jugs if at all possible, & she is just in heaven.(memories already taking place.)

• ajpa
    15 years ago

Oh, you reminded me of my neighbor's youngest. When he was a toddler his mom would inevitably catch him eating mulch whenever she turned her back. LOL. Healthy kid, though. :)

• nancy_drew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey.... he's just catching up on fibre intake for the day! Smart kid! I was always finding twigs and dirt in my son's diaper... never quite sure how it managed to end up in there!

• mmqchdygg
    15 years ago

Show & Tell-
    Here's a few things I've made with the help of the people over at the Garden Junk forum. I haven't been over there in a while after I caught the 'Mosaic Bug' and ended up over on the Stained Glass & Mosaic forum. I love how other people are able to make it "all" work in their gardens. Me, I get too much and it starts looking like a junk yard instead of garden art. But your link is great- those people really have the knack for putting it all together!

{{gwi:332129}}
    {{gwi:332130}}
    {{gwi:332131}}
    {{gwi:332132}}

• ajpa
    15 years ago

mmq, those are great! Is that headboards turned into a fence?

And how do you keep those beautiful bottle thingies from falling over?

• mmqchdygg
    15 years ago

Yes; headboards. I put up a wanted ad on Freecycle for headboards, and lucked out and got a bunkbed. Sweet! My DH attached hinges on them so they can be swung in a little semi-circle around that bed in front of it, as well as those long green metal pole-thingies on the back of two of the bigger ones that are attached to the bed-posts, and then stuck in the ground about a foot so the whole thing stays put.

The totems: The secret to those is a large base, but for the ones with the smaller bases (my "garden gossips" cuz they look just like gossipy old ladies from turn-of-the-century to me) I put down a 6x6 tile under them so they don't fall over.

The garden girl is made out of a wicker umbrella basket with a dress on it, some big plastic thing for a head, and a mop & hat. I put rocks in the bottom of the umbrella basket to keep her from falling on her face.

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Now that is one creative gardener! Some things were over the top for me but I could get tons of ideas from what she has done! I love it when people use there imagination to make there garden personal and unique!

Cindy : )