Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sissyz_gw

Something happened you should know about....

sissyz
17 years ago

A very good thing.

I don't know why, but a very kind man has sent me a huge packet of seeds. I am not a regular poster, here, but I read every day, learning all I can.

Out of the blue, I get this gift of kindness!!

My daughter and I opened the package together. She took great delight in my reactions as she read the names of the seeds! When I told her I didn't know this man, she said,"Gardeners seem to be the nicest kind of people, Mom!" {{gwi:332141}}

I want to thank Don (dem_pa) for his generous and gracious gift to me.

Sissy

Comments (9)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    17 years ago

How very thoughtful and what a nice surprise.

"Gardeners seem to be the nicest kind of people, Mom!"

Your daughter sure got that right!

Sue

• monipsych
    17 years ago

Great story!:)
    Monica

• pitimpinai
    17 years ago

Don is an awsome trader, isn't he?
    Lucky you, sissy. :-)
    Another package is coming your way. You'll be neck deep in seeds. lol. Go out and make more beds. You'll need them. :-)

• bakemom_gw
    17 years ago

Send me a SASBE and we can take that up a notch! Email if you are interested.

I will NEVER forget finding a box on my front porch. I had no idea who is was from or what was in it. Inside was a ton of cuttings and stuff from a generous gardener from southern Ohio. I was shocked! The note said SUPRISE!

Another time, I got a fat envelope in the mail from someone I had traded with in the past, and inside were seeds that I had been looking for. Totally unsolicited! SUPRISE!!!

Gardeners should run the world. It would certianly smell better (for the most part) and look better at least.

• moonphase
    17 years ago

Same thing happened to me.Dem-pa has supplied me with some great seeds he sent out of kindness.He is wonderful.Then I got a post from Sheila in Texas saying she wanted to share some seeds with me.She had read I made extra money by selling at the market to help w/ 2 grands I am raising,and she sent me a big pkg.of seeds.Gardeners are awesome and I have met by GW,some of the best.
    moonphase

• sissyz
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It happened again!!
    pitimpinai sent me seeds! A lot of them! So did mmqchdygg!!
    I have been getting these bubble envelopes in the mail. We live in a rural small town, the kind of place where the mail lady comes up to your door and asks to use the restroom...!
    Well, the mail lady asked me what was going on with all the envelopes coming, did I do EBAY?
    No, I told her, they are seeds! Plant seeds for winter sowing!
    She expressed interest, so I wrote down the website and gave her a care package of seeds, just like was sent to me. I printed out the FAQ pages for winter sowing and passed on the Gardener's Good Will.
    Thank you for your generous gift, everyone! I am now in a position to be giving away!
    "To whom much is given, much is expected..."
    Sissy

• gdionelli
    17 years ago

I had something similar happen - Wendy (wenders67) saw on my trade page that I run a plant sale every year at my church for a local charity. She sent me a huge packet of seeds, and amazingly, they didn't duplicate anything I already had.

I've been waiting for my mailman to ask about the bubble envelopes!

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    17 years ago

Gardeners are indeed the most generous people! I've gotten lots of generous packets and boxes in the mail from many, including our own pitimpinai and dirtysc.

A few years back I posted on a thread somewhere, casually commenting on how I couldn't wait to get a digital camera.

A day or so later, I got an e-mail from a forummer offering me her inexpensive one, because she had gotten a new, better one. She sent it out in the mail for me for free! Would not take anything in return. I was flabbergasted and eternally grateful. It gave me much joy in the garden.

When DH bought me a new camera for Christmas last year, I passed the old one on to another gardener who wished for one. I figured that was the best way to repay the original giver.

GW is where to meet the best people in the world!

:)
    Dee

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

What heart warming stories. Best news I've heard in months :o)
    Thanks for sharing

Sponsored