Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webkat5

What's the deal with the troll??

webkat5
18 years ago

Who in their right mind would bring that post back?

I have since banished the "clone" to the second page, but ....

Oh, well, I tried....

Comments (9)

• donn_
    18 years ago

The Cabal will deal with the troll. ;>)

• webkat5
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok and who is "the Cabal"?? I don't think I have been around when a "troll" has surfaced....

• bakemom_gw
    18 years ago

I'm not sure which thread you are referring to, but basically, we just let trolls go and don't respond. Bumping wasn't allowed (I'm not sure where Ivillage stands on this), and several good posters left because of bumping. Bumping can be considered a form of censorship, although few would disagree the content of the dropped material is not consistent with the attitude this forum presents.

Although we all get sick of trolls, the theory is to let the marketplace take care of itself. If the trolling is out of "controll (sic)" sometimes the webmaster comes in and deals with it.

We have some repeat trollers. Personally, I find it funny as I deal with conflict daily at work. These folks are amatuers and the arguments are downright silly for this particular group. My responses, if any, are as silly as the trolling itself. Perhaps there is a place for such arguments, but this is not one of them. It's a choose your battles analysis.

My suggestion is to not bump and let things take their natural course. You'll see when you've been hanging around for a while. History repeats itself. I do miss those tomato trolls though. That was fun.

• shimla
    18 years ago

I really think the whole thing should just be dropped so as not to encourage it anymore. It ended up causing another fight.

• webkat5
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you bakemom for explaining things a little...as you may know, I have only been around the WS'ing forum for a couple of months and haven't a clue about some of these things.

I appreciate you filling me in! :o)

• danaoh
    18 years ago

I still don't understand trolls or bumping -please remember that a lot of us have only been on a few months and this is really strange to us - please explain

• lblack61
    18 years ago

basically, it's someone who comes in and posts to cause trouble. Just ignore them, and they go away.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    18 years ago

and bumping is posting to a thread to make it go back up to the top of page 1.

WK5...so where's the troll post...huh...e me. Inquiring minds gotta know.

sic

• MLcom
    18 years ago

I totally missed it, would look and not a clue here . LOL some one would mention Troll and look and look and not see a thing. I am sorry folks have left for any reason. I just love WS. It is so cool. Sooner or later the horses will get used to me using a drill to make the holes in the milk jugs too. Then there is the folks that have me spitting my tea that my monitor with ............ things they type. I am still cleaning up my key board from Donn and Mims. lists of "10"

ML

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz