Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenweed_z6a

Sad to say goodbye

gardenweed_z6a
12 years ago

Looks like I offended folks so I will not post again.

Comments (20)

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

NO! Are you talking about me gardenweed? See the other post. I wasn't offended, I was just questioning, trying to understand why!

Karen

• gardenweed_z6a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Weird being shunned on this forum. Bye and hope all your seeds sprout.

• ssmdgardener
    12 years ago

Whoa, gardenweed, what happened? You've been so helpful! Please post some more!

• docmom_gw
    12 years ago

I hope no one ever feels shunned on this forum. I've been reading recent threads trying to identify where the bad feelings originated. I don't see anything that I thought sounded offensive. There were some testy exchanges about who started winter sowing and what it is good for. I think those exchanges may have left some feeling defensive. Karen, I certainly don't think anything you wrote was out of line in any way. Gardenweed, please don't stop posting here. Even if there is one person who has offended you, is it fair to yourself or the rest of us, who enjoy your friendship so much, to give up all the positive rewards you get from being a part of this community? We would miss you! And I really don't think anyone meant to offend you. Some times things just sound different when we read them than how the poster intended.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Martha

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

I think she got upset because of things Fran and/or I posted in that thread about stratification. I didn't mean to offend, just asked an honest, sincere question.

I'd email her but she lists no email so I can't. If you read this gardenweed, please contact me by email and I will appologize to you if I am the cause of your hurt.

Martha, that was yesterday when someone (not a regular here) posted some rather inflammatory things, trying to provoke argument. I think maybe we're more on guard now, edgy, and that's really unfortunate. That's not our usual fun atmosphere. None of us want to belong to an uncomfortable place.

Karen

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    12 years ago

Gardenweed, what's happened? Surely not something that can't be resolved - I know all of us would miss your contributions and your photos especially...

I'm in the dark here, a misunderstanding of some kind? but I hope you don't go. I've seen posts here and there on the forums where people have said they are leaving and have always stayed out of it, but I'm making an exception tonight - you would be missed.

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

Gardenweed, please don't stop posting here! I enjoy reading your posts and I'm ever so thankful for your advice and your seeds! I'm with everyone else! We'd miss you!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• aklinda
    12 years ago

Please reconsider - I always appreciate your thoughts and comments. I will be sad if you decide to stay away.

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

Don't let give anyone the upper hand! '''Keep posting.

• river_crossroads z8b Central Louisiana
    12 years ago

Gardenweed, I just want to say how much I respect you. I respect all the time that you spend answering questions, both here & in your detailed e-mail replies to me. I respect your generosity in helping people like me who lack your knowledge and your insight, something that I think can never be learned. I respect how much you share - your beautiful pictures which inspire so many of us, your stratification spreadsheet that you have shared with me & with others, & your "how to post pictures" instructions that you have sent to others who are frustrated and desperate for help. You are a shining light. XOX, River

• terrene
    12 years ago

Gardenweed, I'm sorry your feelings are hurt and please don't go! I don't know what happened and don't care, it has to be a minor thing because I've read zillions of your posts and you are not argumentative or offensive in the least. You are a tremendous contributor on this forum!

• duane456
    12 years ago

bump

• beatrice_outdoors
    12 years ago

duane-I am not familiar with the term or use of "bump"-is that done to bump the thread to the top? Assuming yes, but just asking to be clear.

FWIW, I have been going through recent threads/posts to catch up on the happenings, and have not seen anything offensive, nor have I seen anyone offended, even in that stratification thread. Perhaps a few miscommunications, but otherwise, nothing out of the ordinary for an online forum. (If you want to see offensive, go check out some of the landscaping forums-I've seen some really harsh banter there!)

It would be a shame to lose a valuable source and fellow gardening contributor, but I also hope the alleged offenders do not feel too badly or take it to heart, either. Gardeners are some of the most open and friendly people I know. I appreciate all input, and the opportunity to share the bit of knowledge that I can.

And if I have ever offended anyone in the past, or possibly do so in the future, it was not on purpose. Also, no worries about offending me, because unless you beat me over the head with nastiness, I'm not likely to catch any of it, anyway.

Now, who got snow this morning???

Beatrice

• cogardener2675
    12 years ago

I'm a newbie on wintersowing-- and out of all the posts I've read here, gardenweed, Tolkin (?) plus a few others have been the most helpful. Gardenweed gave some awesome pix of EXACTLY how to do this (with beautiful handwriting on her milk jugs, I might add) ... so for all of us learning this -- please stay. Your input, to me, has been invaluable.

• beatrice_outdoors
    12 years ago

I said, "...even in that stratification thread." Sorry-I meant that seed germination thread. Which I just went back on to see what else was posted, and see that two others have left the forum, which is too bad.

What this HAS done is introduce me to the conversations side. There are some pretty fun posts here. I'll keep checking it out.

Cheers,
    Beatrice

• terrene
    12 years ago

I'm pretty uncomfortable with some recent events on this forum. There appears to be a somewhat "rigid" or punitive atmosphere that I have rarely seen before.

Does anyone have Gardenweed's email address? If so, could you please email me and provide her address, if you think it would be okay with her.

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    12 years ago

Does anyone have Gardenweed's email address?

There was a time when you could go to the fine print in the upper right where it says email this post and click on that then put in some sort of message and then fill in where it says member name and the email would go even if you did not know the email address. It would sometimes go even if the member had elected on the user profile page to accept no email. I don't know if this was ever fixed. They haven't fixed many things in recent years.

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

I'm very sorry about all that has happened- especially if it means the loss of a great GW memeber.

I kind of agree with Beatrice- didn't see anything offensive on the post in question myself. Although I know how well misunderstandings can work themselves into bad/hurt feelings! I've had some things said to me on the forums that I found hurtful or upsetting. Sometimes it took me awhile to work up enough courage and even desire to want to check out the forums for awhile afterwards. Not a bad thing to take a break from the forums now and again. I just hope that is what gardenweed/Eileen is doing- taking a little break! Wouldn't like to see her go forever at all.

Ps. I have her email address...
    CMK

• just1morehosta
    12 years ago

I have her address, I will check with her if she wants it put out.
    cAROL

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    12 years ago

Nooooooo! Gardenweed, I hope you will consider coming back. Your posts are all helpful and friendly. (And you are a great seed trading partner, too!)

Lois in PA

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor